30 Mar Bone Broth Diet: Summer Meal Plan Essential
Summer is fast-approaching, and with so many crash diet ideas online, you research and choose a smart, healthy wellness plan that will suit your body’s nutrition needs while providing the energy you need to stay healthy and well.
One of the healthy diet trends becoming more popular today is the bone broth diet. Let’s talk about what it is, how it works, and the type of food you can and cannot include for a successful health and wellness journey.
How the Bone Broth Diet Works
The bone broth diet is known to be an effective plan to support weight loss and a healthy diet. It’s a 21-day plan that consists of:
- Days 1-5: Eat only Paleo foods and drink one to three cups of bone broth per day
- Days 6-7: Fast, consume large amount of bone broth (three to six cups per day)
- Repeat for two more weeks
The Right Kind of Food
Along with the staple bone broth as a summertime essential, you’re smart to consume various healthy foods that are minimally processed and organic for top nutrition. Below is a list of healthy foods to have around the house during the 5 days of eating paleo foods:
- Hydrate yourself with at least eight glasses of water daily.
- Pastured proteins such as fish, beef, chicken and eggs.
- Food rich in healthy fats such as coconut oil, avocados, and olive oil.
- One portion of fruit, such as melons, apples, berries, kiwi, and other citrus fruits.
- Non-starchy vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, summer squash, greens, and tomatoes.
Food To Avoid
With the bone broth diet, you should avoid processed and starchy foods that can promote fat build-up. Limit the following food from your diet for optimal health:
- Sugary and alcoholic beverages
- Artificial sweeteners and sugar substitutes
- Dairy products such as milk, cheese, ice cream, yogurt, and butter
Bone broth is a smart addition to a healthy diet as a nutritious meal plan staple that supports weight loss without depriving your body of minerals and nutrients. Broth by Design has a variety of delicious bone broth options with unique flavors. Click here to start shopping.